- Submit no later than
- Submit no later than
- Submit no later than 8/15
Proposing an Online or a Hybrid Course
Here are the forms and
instructions you will need to propose online and hybrid courses. Currently, only
courses already on the books in a face-to-face format are eligible for
Step 1: Consult, Demonstrate &
Train: Prerequisites for course development
- Consult with your Division Chair about
the idea. Faculty members must have approval from their Division Chair
to propose a course.
- Usually, hybrid course caps are the same as
- Contact the
Department of Educational Technology to make arrangements to demonstrate
competency in the elements listed below.
(Failure to demonstrate
competency will result in the removal of the hybrid/online course from the
Adobe Connect/Adobe Presenter Competency
- Contact your Division Coordinator of
eLearning (DCeL) or the
Faculty Coordinator of eLearning to make arrangements to complete
the required COAT training
to complete the training by the appropriate date--3/15 for Summer & Fall
classes & 10/15 for Spring classes--will result in removal of the course
from the schedule.)
Step 2: Develop Content: Criterion
for content development
- Course content must fulfill the learning
objectives and outcomes that are stated in the syllabus and provided by
the Division Chair and/or Curriculum Coordinator.
- Courses must be designed using the
syllabus template provided
by the eLearning Committee.
- You must complete two
Worksheets to help design your online elements.
- Content should meet ADA requirements.
- Content should adhere to the latest
copyright rules and the
- All course developers are responsible
for backup and archiving of content for future use and safekeeping.
- Course developers must also provide any
supporting materials in the event another qualified instructor is asked
to teach the course.
- Course content belongs to Keystone
College and can be re-purposed or re-assigned as needed.
Step 3: Completing and Submitting
- Complete the
- Forward the completed forms to the
Division Chair for review and signature.
- Forward the signed form to the
eLearning Committee for final processing. The
eLearning Committee meets the 3rd
Thursday of the month August to May.)
- Once processed, forms will be forwarded
to the Registrar for accurate identification and designation. (Copies of
the processed forms will also be sent to the Instructor and Division
- N.B. Beginning June 1, 2013 , stipends for course development are no
suggestions about this page should go to the
Miller Library, Keystone College, One College Green La Plume, PA 18440
This page was updated on