The Christy Mathewson/Keystone Collection consists of late 19th and early 20th
century baseball and other memorabilia related to Christy Mathewson as well as
Keystone Academy (now known as Keystone College). It contains a blend of
sports-related memorabilia, military artifacts, photographs and ephemera.
Mathewson, one of the famous "First Five" inductees into the Baseball Hall of
Fame, graduated from Keystone Academy in 1898.
The Archives are located on the
main floor of the Miller Library.
It is a growing repository of historical information with more than 800
books currently listed in the Library Catalog.
- Items are available by appointment only.
- Allow 72 hours for a response.
- Items may not leave the Library.
(Special permission may be granted for College research and events.)
- Forms for requesting material or
setting up a research appointment are available at the Circulation
- All items must be handled in
accordance with current preservation practices.
- Copying is permitted for most
items at $.20/page. Some conditions may prohibit duplication.
- The collection includes College catalogs from 1869, yearbooks from
1936, newspaper articles from 1958, other Keystone publications, time
capsule materials, old photographs and other Keystone memorabilia.